This acceptable use policy (“Policy”), including the following list of Prohibited Activities, and forms part of any agreement with Scratch Limited (“we” or “us”, and “our” has a corresponding meaning), as do our terms of trade (“Terms of Trade”).
If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this Policy, we may suspend or terminate your account or any agreement with us. Our Policy is designed to help protect us, our customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by us. We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time.
Prohibited Uses of Our Systems and Services
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorisation, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE” or “spam”). The sending of any form of UBE through our servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilising any resource hosted on our servers, is prohibited. Our accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another internet service provider (“ISP”) where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of any other ISP, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send UBE, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (“ROKSO”) database at www.spamhaus.org.
- Unauthorised attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g. “cracking”).
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorised access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any of our customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronised number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on our network or on another provider’s network.
- Using our Services (as defined in the Terms of Trade) to interfere with the use of our network by other customers or authorised users.
Limitations on Services Provided by Scratch
In addition to any other requirements of this Policy or the Terms of Trade, any Service may only be used in a manner that is consistent with its purpose. We will determine whether this is the case at our sole discretion. In order to ensure that our Services operate as smoothly as possible, there are limitations on their use. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Website Traffic Allowance: 2Gb per month – Website traffic under 2Gb (2 Gigabytes) per website per month is provided free of charge. Additional bandwidth may be charged at the rate of $29/Gb per month or as otherwise advised at our sole discretion
- Server Disk Usage Allowance: 1Gb (1 Gigabyte). Additional disk usage may be charged at the rate of $15 per 1Gb (1 Gigabyte) per month or as otherwise advised, at our sole discretion
- System Resources: You acknowledge that the Services are provided using an environment where multiple users share a finite pool of servers and you agree not to engage in any activity that could overwhelm the servers with heavy CPU, memory or network usage that requires a disproportionate amount of the resources of our servers.